(ATPL) is divided into two parts
- Theoretical part (ATP Frozen): the pilot study some of the advanced subjects of Commercial Pilot Licenses (CPL) in addition to ATPL specific subjects.
- Practical part (activated ATPL): after flying more than 1500 hours of actual flight and getting ATPL, it enhances pilot's opportunities to join the aviation industry as an airliner.
Airline transport pilot license details
- Pass the SACAA ATPL theoretical examination.
- Have completed not less than 1500 hours of flight time. (You need to check the regulations to determine what hours count in full and what hours are limited, as well as the breakdown of hours).
- Successfully complete a practical flight test, conducted by Designated Flight Examiner (DFE).